(Redirected from Reboot)
The Reboot Games are those games published by Square Enix after they acquired Crystal Dynamics.
They differ from the previous Tomb Raider Games in that they reset the story line established in the classic Tomb Raider games, which to some extend was kept up until Tomb Raider: Underworld. The three games before the Reboot - which were also made by Crystal Dynamics - Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld (called LAU for short), are sometimes considered a first reboot; however they did not alter the established time line to such an extend as the Reboot Games. Furthermore the Reboot Games tell the origins story of Lara Croft that was previously only hinted at in the game's booklets or other media.
- 2013: for PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
- 2014: for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as the Definitive Edition
- 2015: for Xbox One, Xbox 360
- 2016: for PC, and PlayStation 4 as the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (also available for PC and Xbox One)
- 2018: for Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, PC
- After the somewhat successful first two Movies a third movie was released in March 2018. The story of this movie is set in the same timeline as the Reboot Games and is heavily influenced by Tomb Raider (2013).